I guess, you are currently studying this discipline, so right now I am taking my hat off to you. If we take into account how versatile modern physics appears to be, it will not be difficult for us to come up with a few truly compelling ideas for the research.
Besides, what is really attracting about this particular sphere of science is its practicality and healthy pragmatism. It strives to prove theories, bring abstractions into being, and hence advance our world. That is why your interest in physics can become a great impetus for this-time and further research work of yours.
So, let’s check out in which directions you can move! Below you will find a few excellent topics, carefully selected and thought out by our essay writing service team. This task was given to our Physics Writers department, so now you can choose from the topics offered by the professional guys who do know their job.
And here we go!
Term Paper in Nuclear Physics
Have you ever thought how different the purposes which nuclear physics nowadays serves are? On the one hand, its achievements can provide us with practically inexhaustible source of energy. Isn’t it what humanity has been looking for? Yet, on the other hand, all-destroying weapon is also one of the first associations evoked by this area of physical science.
What would you write your paper about? Would you join those great minds that are trying to harness nuclear power and make it fulfill peaceful purposes? Or would you prefer to remain a realist and find out more about its dark side? Let’s look at the scale of your possible study:
- The structure of an atom as well as the features and functions of its components;
- Magic numbers of protons and neutrons, plus their correlation with the island of stability;
- Characteristics and uses of gamma radiation;
- The nature of radioactive and nonradioactive isotopes;
- The use of ionization energy.
Term Paper in Chemical Physics
I bet that you noticed a very close relationship between physics and chemistry even before your professor pointed on it. So, what can the cooperation between these two sciences add to the global progress?
Chemical physics and physical chemistry are the two hybrids with great research potentials. These areas of scientific knowledge allow us to see the interconnections and interdependences of different elements in the surrounding reality. As today we have decided to speak about chemical physics and its interesting aspects, let’s check what you can write about this time:
- Patterns and principles of chemical reactions;
- Rotations and vibrations of simple and complex molecules;
- Structures and properties of certain surfaces;
- The nature of ionization.
Term Paper in Quantum Physics
I’ll start with an anecdote here. (Please make sure you do not quote it in your term paper, otherwise your professor may get you a bit wrong.)
- What are you reading? – one student asks his/her friend.
- A textbook in Quantum Physics, – he/she replies.
- And why are you holding the book upside down?
- It doesn’t matter for me how to hold it. I still can’t understand a word!
So, if you believe you are one of those heroes who are ready to shed light on all these complex aspects of this area of physical science, let’s see what can become the great topic of your writing:
- The main statements of quantum field theory;
- Quantum mechanics and human consciousness (here is a fascinating BBC article to inspire you);
- Erwin Schrödinger’s many-world interpretation and quantum theory;
- Quantum teleportation and/or communication;
- Light subatomic or simple “ghost” particles.
Term Paper in Space Physics
Do you want to reveal the sacred mysteries of our planet and the whole universe we are destined to exist in? One of our physicists said that it was the main reason why he chose the Physics Department in his college. I can’t tell you for sure how high is the percent of joke here, as he is Master of Science in Physics with concentration in Space Physics (this is the full name of the degree, yeah), but we can’t disregard such statement anyway. Still, let’s see what this writer can offer for your research:
- Secrets of dark matter and dark energy;
- Space weather;
- The Earth’s magnetic field and its interaction with the objects in the near-Earth space;
- The nature of solar eruptions.
Term Paper in Plasma Physics
Actually, this area can be closely related to the sphere of space physics. Still, if you are interested in this particular state of matter and would like to devote your research exceptionally to it, I’m glad to list a few really exciting topics for your college paper here.
Before we start, let’s make sure that we don’t confuse physical plasma with blood plasma, as the latter is, well, a liquid component of human and animal blood.)
- Properties and uses of plasma;
- The nature of plasma waves;
- Magnetism effects on plasma;
- The nature of astrophysical plasma.
All these are just the brief ideas for your term paper or coursework. Hope, you have found the most compelling aspect for your research and are ready to dive deeper into the process itself.
Wish you good luck with and inspiration for your work!